Wednesday, September 23, 2009

okay so let's be honest... (part XVIII)


What would we, as the living body of Christ, look like if we really followed Jesus?
What if we actually loved our neighbors and our enemies?
What if we loved people who slept around?
What if we loved abortionists?
What if we loved prostitutes?
What if we loved religious fanatics?
What if we loved terrorists?
What if we loved racist rednecks?
What if we loved the poor and the widows?
What if we loved the lonely?
What if we loved the unlovable?
What if we loved EVERYONE?

God cares about all of those people.
Jesus even died for them.

What if we loved until it hurt?
What happens when real, unbiased, unconditional love enters into our lives?
Think about that…
It’s kinda scary when you think about living that out…

So, as I wrap this series up, I don’t want you to miss the point.
I don't want you to be sad.
I want you to be glad.
Glad that you’re saved.
Glad to know about the love of God.
I want you to love your neighbor.
To know that Jesus is real.
He's a real man.

Sometimes I imagine that He’s sitting beside me.
Just to think that He's got real hands and real feet and a real face.

And it's not just make-believe.
And right now, this very instant, I can believe in a real man.
Not just some mythical figure.
Not some Santa Claus.

We're all in it together.
And it's hard because He hasn't been here for over 2000 years.
And you've never seen Him.
But put your faith in Him.

So I say "Follow Jesus"
And you ask "Is He safe?"
"Course He isn't safe, but He's good, He's the king I tell You"

THE END

No comments: